RE: Recall process

Thanks!

Just reading this before breakfast and thus without coffee.

It's good work, thanks.

A few small comments below.

Best,
Adrian

===

Abstract
   The procedures for initiating a recall specified in RFC 7437 restrict
   signatories to those who are "nomcom qualified".
s/signatories/signatories of a recall petition/

---

Abstract
s/limitations were/limitations had/

---

2.3 has some confused punctuation

OLD
   That sets a very high barrier for a recall petition
   even though the recall petition requires a, justification, an
   investigation by a Recall Committee and a 3/4 majority of the members
   of the Recall Committee who vote on the recall decision.
NEW
   That sets a very high barrier for a recall petition
   even though the recall petition requires a justification, an
   investigation by a Recall Committee, and a 3/4 majority of the members
   of the Recall Committee who vote on the recall decision.
END

---

Because it comes before the exposition of how many signatures you are
proposing, I would add to 2.3 something to the effect of...

OLD
   This
   document also proposes to decrease the number of signatures required
   to avoid making it impractical to invoke the first step of the recall
   procedures.
NEW
   While recognising that some form of barrier is a good thing to prevent
   capricious use of recall petitions, this
   document also proposes to decrease the number of signatures required
   to avoid making it impractical to invoke the first step of the recall
   procedures.
END

---

For completeness, I think this document should also note that 7776 made an
update to 7437 as follows...

3.1.  Recall Petitions Initiated by the Ombudsteam

      [RFC7776] updates [RFC7437] by allowing the
      Ombudsteam to form a recall petition on its own and without
      requiring signatories from the community.  This document
      does not make any change to [RFC7776] or the Ombudsteam
      procedures and any petition originating from the Ombudsteam
      shall be treated in all ways like any other recall petition as
      described in [RFC7437]: that is, the fact of the petition and its
      signatories (the Ombudsteam) shall be announced to the IETF
      community, and a Recall Committee Chair shall be appointed
      to complete the Recall Committee process.