Re: IETF blog post on ACME

Hi Lloyd,

In all honesty, I think you've got things the wrong way around here.  Rather than building a wall around the word "standard" and trying to police it, we should be thinking about whether our usage of those terms makes sense in the market.

The posts from Let's Encrypt et al. provide data that are informative on this question.  Many of the participants in the ACME process were newcomers to the IETF.  That they've put in all the effort to get an RFC published and still failed to note the various maturity levels should be instructive.

Further discussion on this point is probably a topic for another thread, though.

--Richard