Re: Adi Shamir denied entry to the US

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019, Eliot Lear wrote:

As to community fears and concerns, if we don’t go to the U.S. at all, then we will have no data on just how we are affected. While there are other conferences from whose experience we can and do benefit, the demographic of each community is slightly different. It’s important to know how many people were denied access to a country. I encourage the community to reflect on the numbers as and when they become available from the 2021 San Francisco meeting, not to mention all the other meetings in other countries in between. And yes, a lot can and will change between now and 2021.

I'd like to point out that Daniel Stenberg (curl main developer) seems to be unable to make it to USA as well:

https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2018/07/28/administrative-purgatory/

I don't know how often he attends IETF meetings in person though.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx