Re: [104all] Further Clarification Re: IETF 104 Preliminary Agenda

On 2/24/19 10:34 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:
> That survey says that 62% of people who responded had a conflict.

But if you look at the responses to Q13 ("Which
sessions?") the only sessions mentioned consistently
were spring/bier and detnet/{several things}.  FWIW
I've noticed that in session requests some chairs are
asking to avoid things they've got people who'd prefer
not to miss and others are asking to avoid things
where they've got people who absolutely must be at
both.  I'm not sure that we're asking the right
questions, on the one hand, and answering the right
questions, on the other.

While our tooling has changed and there have been a
few other adaptations, I do think it's an issue that
we're approaching how we meet pretty much the same
way we did 25 years ago, despite massive improvements
in remote participation tools and the increase in
the use of virtual interims, distributed authoring
tools, etc.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore