Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time-03.txt> (Packet Delivery Deadline time in 6LoWPAN Routing Header) to Proposed Standard

Hi Suresh, authors,

>> I would suggest to follow the timestamp specification template of Section
>> 3 in draft-ietf-ntp-packet-timestamps-05.

>I think the semantics of the DT and OT fields are a bit different from the
>NTP packet timestamps and there are also resource constraints in the
>6lo world that might make the 64 bit formats expensive. I will let the
>authors and the WG comment further on this.

I agree that the NTP timestamp format does not fit here.
My comment was that DT and OT should be defined according to the timestamp specification template (section 3 in the packet timestamp draft).
This is a *generic template* for defining all kinds of timestamp formats.
The template was defined in order to make sure that when you define a timestamp format you do not forget important details.
Just to clarify, I am not suggesting to change the timestamp formats of DT and OT, but only to specify them in a clear and unambiguous manner.

Thanks,
Tal.