RE: [lamps] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn-02.txt> (Hash Of Root Key Certificate Extension) to Informational RFC

I'm sympathetic to perhaps adding a sentence or two, but
otherwise I'm struggling to understand the risk as well.

If an entity is incapable of managing and protecting a replacement root key,
perhaps they shouldn't be in the CA business.  And since, at worst, they
lose the ability to replace the root key, they aren't in a worse situation
than they were if this capability didn't exist.

-Tim

IETF