Re: Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-19

Hi Acee,

On 3 Dec 2018, at 15:46, Acee Lindem (acee) wrote:

Hi Pete,

While both you and I would have done it differently, the variable length SID encoding across the three LSR protocols (OSPFv2, OSPFv3, and IS-IS) has been implemented, deployed, and will not be changed during the IESG review (you'll note these SR protocol drafts have been in development for over 5 years). There is, however, an update to all three which clarifies the usage of the flags. See (for example):

    https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-20.txt

Thanks,
Acee (Document Shepherd and LSR Co-chair)

Totally understood, and that's why I said that I certainly don't want to stand in the way of the doc. And I appreciate the clarification in -20; it helps. My job as a GenART reviewer is to make sure that the Gen AD is aware of any issues. I think it's highly unlikely that she (or anyone on the IESG) would balk at this point in history.

Thanks for your (and Peter's) quick replies to these reviews.

pr

--
Pete Resnick http://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best