"Re: [IAB] IAB report to the community for IETF 103

On 19/11/2018 22:56, Michael Richardson wrote:
> And we should (should we?) write a document saying that they MUST NOT do so.

If implementers consider such a document useful then we should
do it. The potential benefit I guess could be that when someone
says "hey, let's support ETSI's-broken-TLS" an implementer
could say "please read RFC<foo>" for why we don't."

I'm not sure if such a document would be useful as I don't
have to face such issues. (If TLS implementers said it were,
I'd be happy to help with one.)

> Or as Ben just asked, do a liason.

That's separately needed (and I'm told happening). There's
copyright and good neighbour issues there that the IETF and
ETSI could do with sorting out, over and above the specifics
of the ETSI TC that rubber-stamped the draft-green thing
that had been explicitly rejected in the IETF.

S.