Re: The Friday Experiment

On 13/11/2018 01:33, Melinda Shore wrote:
> I hope that there's support for trying again, with either a
> mid-week day set aside for unstructured time, or some session
> slots left unscheduled.

Me too.

Two suggestions:

1) IESG create a wiki page the community can muck about
with to outline various suggestions and who likes which.
IESG pick whatever they think is worth trying whenever
they wanna try something.

and/or

2) Hackathon runs Sun-Wed, mornings only. Sunday otherwise
as-is. No WG sessions in the mornings Mon-Wed. WG sessions
in the afternoons Mon-Wed as usual. Thurs, all WG sessions
and plenary stuff. We reduce the number of WGs meeting in
parallel - not sure how much. Everyone gets to go home on
Friday ('less they've organised something else themselves.)
Network goes away Friday lunchtime(ish).

Cheers,
S.

PS: I prefer #2, and not least because I could stay in
bed longer - I'd also support any variations on #2 that
maintain that property:-)