Re: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-16

Hi Joe,

On 31/10/18 04:15 , Joe Clarke wrote:
On 10/30/18 08:05, Peter Psenak wrote:

I'm going to be pedantic here.  According to RFC7770, when a new OSPF
Router
Information LSA TLV is defined, the spec needs to explicitly state if
it's
applicable to OSPFv2, v3, or both.  While you reference the TLVs from
draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions, I didn't see that either
document
_explicitly_ states that they are applicable to both.

##PP
added the following to each of the values:

Type: X as defined in [I-D.ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions] and
aplicable to OSPFv3.

Thanks.  But s/aplicable/applicable/ :-)

fixed :)

Section 3.2

"When a router receives multiple overlapping ranges, it MUST
        conform to the procedures defined in
        [I-D.ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls]."

It would be useful to include a section pointer here.  I think your
referring
to Section 2.3 where the router ignores the range?   Is it likely that
will
change to something other than "ignore?"  If not, maybe it's just worth
mentioning that here.

##PP
I don't think it is good to specify the behavior which is described
somewhere else. Regarding the section, the
ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls is still being worked on and the
section may changes. We used the same text in OSPFv2 and ISIS SR drafts.
I would like to be consistent here.

I can agree that copying might be problematic.  But I think a section
ref is good here.  Finding the specific part about "overlapping" in this
document is kind of like a needle in a haystack.  I think it will add to
overall readability.

added the section reference.

Section 3.3

"The originating router MUST NOT advertise overlapping ranges."

You specify what a router should do if it receives overlapping ranges
above.  I
think the same text should be used here, too.

##PP
Here we say that the originating router MUST NOT advertise overlapping
ranges. We can not specify what it should do when it breaks the MUST.

I meant you have used text as to what happens when a router receives
data it should ignore in other parts.  I was asking to use similar text
here.

We specify what other routers should do when they receive overlapping
ranges and we refer it to spring-segment-routing-mpls draft. Again this
is the same as we used in OSPFv3 and ISIS SR extensions. I would like to
keep the consistency here.

Right.  But you don't re-reference that text here.  Again, I'm just
asking for consistent text that references the
spring-segment-routing-mpls drafts.

got it and updated the text.

thanks,
Peter