Re: [arch-d] Call for Comment: <draft-trammell-wire-image-04> (The Wire Image of a Network Protocol)

> Ok. The motivation for this draft is indeed he increasing deployment
> and coverage of encryption down the stack, which we take as a given. A
> few sentences to make this context clear could be useful.

i kind of liked just saying that strong encryption is becoming
ubiquitous, is here to stay, and the ietf thinks that is a good thing.
this has consequences for applications and middleboxes that have grown
used to being able to see the traffic in cleartext.

> The whole point of this line of work is to define a solution space for
> the (technical) problems that arise when “strong encryption is here to
> stay”

for some of the consequences, there is no "solution."  this may not be a
bug.

randy