Re: Proposed IESG Statement on the use of the “Updates” header

Hiya,

On 12/09/18 22:18, Adam Roach wrote:
> I still don't follow. If the abstract does not contain enough
> information to let someone know whether they want to read the rest of
> the RFC, then what purpose *does* it serve?

Take a peek at [1]. IMO the second para in the abstract is
neither needed nor useful. And such text has been the source
of irritation for authors (when they're called out for not
having done something they see as silly) and also (IMO)
pointless IESG debate.

So forcing that para to be there is not a good part of the
proposed IESG statement. That said, as others said, it's not
the end of the world if it stays, but better to do better
I'd argue.

S.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8447