Re: [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-15

> On Aug 30, 2018, at 2:57 AM, Brian Trammell (IETF) <ietf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> hi Dino,
>
> Almost. How about:
>

> OLD:
>
> When the UDP and LISP headers require integrity protection, the
> methods of using UDP checksums in [RFC8085] can be considered.
>
> NEW:
>
> Implementors are encouraged to consider UDP checksum usage guidelines in section 3.4 of [RFC8085]. Specifically, when the UDP, LISP, and outer IPv6 headers require protection against corruption, the use of non-zero UDP checksums is RECOMMENDED.

Well if we recommend it and when describing the UDP header in the packet format section we don’t that woudl be a contracdiction. And note the IPv6 outer header cannot be protected with a UDP checksum. The link-layer CRC will do that.

NEWNEW:

Implementors are encouraged to consider UDP checksum usage guidelines in section 3.4 of [RFC8085] when
it is desirable to protect UDP and LISP headers against corruption.

What do you think?

Dino