Re: Register for IETF 103 in Bangkok!

In article <28f65e43-76db-cc33-768b-d16b4f59493b@xxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>On 8/3/2018 2:30 PM, Toerless Eckert wrote:
>> the IETF itself doesn't really mind because it just
>> wants to get the quota filled as part of the deal with the hotel,
>I would put large bets on this one.

I'd be happy to take those bets.  If you haven't been to recent
meetings, take a look at the mailing lists for them.  You will see a
lot of complaints that the block was too small so it sold out
instantly.

You can invariably get cheaper rooms somewhere else and price
sensitive people (like me) often do.  If you stay at the conference
hotel you can go back and forth between the meeting and your room
without having to deal with the weather outside and you get the
conference network in your room.  Evidently a lot of our attendees
like that.

R's,
John