Re: AD Time

On 8/1/18 7:28 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
> a lot of folk seem to be assuming financial rewards and penalties are
> principal factors.  are there data to suppor this assumption?

Anecdotally, on the occasions when I've had to decline
a nomination, when I was consulting the issue was the
money.  When I've been working for someone else the issue
has been time.  I expect there may be other issues as
well, but it's not at all clear to me that the singular
problem that's limiting the candidate pool is money.  I
think the proposal to pay ADs (ack, ptooey) is premised
on the time == money equality.

Melinda