Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-clarify-03.txt> (Origin Validation Clarifications) to Internet Standard

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 9:33 AM Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > The intended status seems incorrect.
> >
> > from the abstract
> >
> >    This document is meant to clarify possible misunderstandings causing
> >    those mis-implementations; and thus updates RFC6811 by clarifying
>
> 6811 claims to be proposed standard, not internet standard.

Yup, it (clearly) should be PS - it is entirely my fault.

The draft header says: Standards Track, and I just assumed that the
status in the Data Tracker matched, but didn't actually check.

This has now been fixed in the DT. Apologies for the mistake.

> -Ben
>
> >    that all prefixes should be marked, and that policy must not be
> >    applied without operator configuration"

idea in the first place.
of pants.
   ---maf