Re: IETF standards incorporated in laws ?

> I took the direct approach of searching the Cornell LII's US law archive for
> "RFC".  There were about a dozen RFC references in the Code of Federal
> Regulations, and a lot court cases about the depression-era Reconstruction
> Finance Corp., but nothing in a statute.

I did a similar search on http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ and nothing
turned up, but searching for (e.g.) "domain name system" does return a
hit on the Network and Information Systems Regulations 2018, when it's
defining the size of operator that is covered by the legislation.

<http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/506/schedule/2/paragraph/10/made>

Rob