Re: [Netconf] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-restconf-04

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 12:01:30PM +0100, Robert Wilton wrote:

> On 28/06/2018 20:47, Russ Housley wrote:
> > Minor Concerns:
> >
> > The last paragraph of Section 3.1 says:
> >
> >     If a server implements the example datastore "ds-ephemeral" in the
> >     module "example-ds-ephemeral", it would implement the resource
> >     {+restconf}/ds/example-ds-ephemeral:ds-ephemeral.
> >
> > It is unclear to me why this datastore is not included in the bullets
> > at the beginning of the section.  Obviously, it is optional to
> > implement, but so are two of the datastores that are included in
> > the list.
> So the difference is that:
> "operational", "running" and "intended" are all defined by RFC 8342, and we
> expect these datastores to be actually implemented.
>
> "ds-ephermeral" is just an example of a new configuration datastore that
> hasn't yet been defined anywhere yet. It could for example, be defined by
> something like I2RS in future to handle dynamic configuration, or perhaps a
> vendor would define their own dynamic datastore.

Perhaps we can simply remove this entire paragraph - it is not
strictly needed and I can see that this paragraph talking about a
hypothetical future datastore may be misunderstood.

/js

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>