Internet Drafts' Destiney.

Hi All,

It is long time since I’ve uploaded 3 Internet Drafts (KRP, NEP, and IPv10) to the IETF repository and there is no official decision has been taken regarding these drafts till now (maybe IPv10 was the only one that had official rejection by the Internet area chair and his own opinion is respected) but what about other drafts.

I’ve presented NEP remotely at the IETF 101 but nothing happened after that, there was no reviews, no active discussions and that makes me feel that drafts from outside the IETF (individual draft submissions) has no destiny, it is no more than bringing new ideas to the IETF and that’s all.

I wish I’m able to attend personally any coming IETF meeting as I got this question many times from different people at the IETF, and I hope this is not the reason why the drafts are not taken into consideration because this is something out of the hands.

So again I’m asking the same question that I’ve asked in the past, when the IETF will discuss drafts seriously!!! I think the IETF with all it processes should have something official to do with drafts, they must be reviewed and evaluated so a decision can be taken whether to take them into consideration or to remove them from the repository as long as they are useless.

My work on these drafts took so much efforts from my side, and I’m welcoming co-authors to add more to these ideas as I believe they will bring a great value to the internet, but there is something missing from the IETF side regarding these drafts, they must be evaluated and this evaluation should be clear at least to let me know whether these ideas are good or I shouldn’t submit more drafts to the IETF, I hope there is no place for politics within the IETF because this will affect the reputation of any organization, and I hope I’m wrong on this.

Looking forward to read any evaluation or reviews or comments regarding these drafts.

Regards,

Khaled