Re: [rfc-i] Incorrect auto linking in html versions of drafts and RFCs

Hi Mohit,

You are right — and this is a known problem. This issue stems from the fact that `rfcmarkup` is used to render the HTML of the I-D/sRFCs.

Specifically, rfcmarkup produces the final HTML using heuristics from the source TXT, such as by searching for the keyword “Section”. An obviously better approach is to have rfcmarkup create the HTML from the original source RFC XML, which includes semantics, or to use xml2rfc to create the HTML page directly.

For some reason it is not yet done this way; the RFC editors may be waiting for the new RFC XML v3 workflow before this.

Ron

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.