Re: IETF Mail List Failure

> On 17 May, from 17:48 UTC (13:48 EDT) to 23:48 UTC (18:49 EDT),
> outbound email from the IETF email lists failed to send. Mail sent to
> the lists went into the archives, but was not received by list
> subscribers.
>
> A problem in the DMARC-rewriting system caused outbound mail delivery
> to fail silently, without alarm or error message. The rewriting system
> has been taken offline, which restored outbound email service.  The
> lists are back up.
>
> Unfortunately, because the mail was discarded rather than queued, if
> you sent mail to any IETF list today during the outage window, we ask
> you to please resend your message.
>
> We apologize for this issue and are working with the Tools Team to
> correct the system before it is put back online again.

thanks, alexa.  these things happen, and i won't even demand a refund :)
sympathies for the pain.

< micro-management = off >

i really appreciate technical details.  there are still a few operators
left in the ietf community, and we try to learn from our oopsies.  a
deeper post mortem would even be welcome as many of us are also trying
to deal with dmarc hell.  you run a medium scale mail operation and any
lessons you share are appreciated.

randy