Re: IESG Telechats -- WebEx failure

Eric Rescorla <ekr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you download a modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, and I imagine there's
> some way to get a new Safari) you should be able to join via browser (WebRTC).

   I have the latest Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, so far as I have can tell,
that will run on my
]
]  OS X
] Version 10.8.5
]...
] Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
] Mmory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

   As I said, this is somewhat ancient... However, IMHO, it is no more ancient
than what the majority of third-world IETF participants can afford.

   I'm not entirely sure what "join via browser (WebRTC)" includes. Having
spent the previous hour preparing my Narrative Scribe Template, I had run
out of time to explore the possibilities. Unquestionably it would be good to
have an IETF page outlining the alternatives which can show who is speaking
in real-time.

   Obviously, cisco is entitled to update their free-of-charge software on
whatever schedule is convenient to them -- but the IETF should try to use
tools which don't break without better warning.

--
John Leslie <john@xxxxxxx> (Prior Narrative Scribe)