Re: [Mtgvenue] editor's take on draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process

Hi Eliot,

Thank you for summarizing the current state of the discussion on possible edits.

I have just subscribed to the list and can only access your message from the Archive. So, as far as I can see, the only way for me to reply is to start a new thread.
My apologies. I hope that keeping the same subject will help to minimize the inconveniece.

Please find below feedback in regards to some of the requirements under consideration.

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Eliot Lear <lear@xxxxxxxxx>; wrote:

> There are currently five additional requirements under consideration:
>
>    1. No smoking - Proposed Section 3.1
>    2. Gender-neutral rest rooms - Proposed Section 3.3

Feedback:
Add a note on gender neutral restrooms to Section 3.2.2 Basic Venue Criteria (not Section 3.3).

Proposed text:
"Venue and Facilities should have at least one gender neutral restroom, with stalls and no urinals, on each floor."

>    3. Child care facilities - Proposed Section 3.3

Feedback:
Add two notes to Section 3.3. Other Considerations.

Proposed texts:
"It is desirable for Venue and Facilities to have at least one dedicated infant feeding room and one family restroom."

"It is desirable that preferably the Facility, or failing that the IETF Hotel(s), offer licensed childcare."

>    4. Conflicts regarding people with special needs or disabilities ???

You made a good point about this topic not being an actual criterion. It is a kind of information that does not need to be shared in this document.

Other documents where it would be very good to include a note on this type of conflict and how it will be addressed could be:

* Documentation related to the event management on site;

* Information provided to participants to inform them about venue accessibility.

Thanks!

Best,
Beatrice