Re: [ippm] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang-07

I am fine with that, but good idea to check with others who actually have to implement the document. :-)

Thanks for taking care of this.

pr

On 18 Apr 2018, at 11:29, MORTON, ALFRED C (AL) wrote:

Hi Pete, for your Minor Issue:

-----Original Message-----
From: ippm [mailto:ippm-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Resnick
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 12:02 PM
Minor issues:

In the paragraph after Figure 3, it says, "and subsequent values are
monotonically increasing". I'm not sure I understand what that means. If 0 is the highest priority, then 1 is a *lower* priority than 0, not an increasing priority. If you are trying to say that the numeric value of the priority field is increasing by 1 for each subsequent value, then "monotonically increasing" is wrong; the sequence "0 2 5 36" is monotonically increasing. You'd say instead, "and subsequent values increase by one". If all you mean is that values start at 0 and go up from there, I think you should just delete the
entire phrase; it doesn't add anything and strikes me as confusing.

[acm] I seem to recollect that we arrived at this sentence after
explaining the inverse relationship between values and priorities along the way.
Surely, someone has done this before, and co-authors welcome other
concise text suggestions.

OLD
   The client container holds a list (mode-preference-chain) which
   specifies the Mode values according to their preferred order of use
by the operator of this Control-Client, including the authentication and encryption Modes. Specifically, mode-preference-chain lists the
   mode and its corresponding priority, expressed as a 16-bit unsigned
integer, where zero is the highest priority and subsequent values are
   monotonically increasing.

NEW
   The client container holds a list (mode-preference-chain) which
   specifies the Mode values according to their preferred order of use
by the operator of this Control-Client, including the authentication and encryption Modes. Specifically, mode-preference-chain lists the
   mode and its corresponding priority, expressed as a 16-bit unsigned
   integer, where zero is the highest priority and subsequent integers
   increase by one.

Does that do it?
Al