Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang-07.txt> (Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) Data Model) to Proposed Standard

Some further thoughts on this I-D; I have included the earlier ones (as
yet unanswered) below.

typedef test-session-state {
             "Indicates that accepted TWAMP-Test session request.";

something seems to have been omitted.

leaf reflector-udp-port {
               type uint32 {
                 range "862 | 49152..65535";
I am puzzled as to why uint32 is used and inet:port-number is not used
here (happens in two places)

"Reusable data structure for count which is used both in the Server
container.";

'both' suggests to me that there should be a second clause.

"grouping max-count {
       leaf max-count {
         type uint8 {
           range 10..31;
         }
         default 15;"
contradicts
" ...The default max-count value SHOULD be 32768.'
32768 is outside the range!

I think that your problem here is that other TWAMP documentation, such
as the RFC that you quote and reference uses 'max-count' to mean a 32
bit value but here you are reusing the term with a different semantic
and using it to mean an exponent; rename the object to make it clear
that it is an exponent and not a count e.g. max-count-exp. This occurs
in several places.

"container session-sender {
         if-feature session-sender;
         presence  "Enables TWAMP Session-Sender functionality.";
         description
           "Configuration of the TWAMP Session-Sender logical entity";
         leaf admin-state {
           type boolean;
           mandatory true;
           description
             "Indicates whether the device is allowed to operate
              as a TWAMP Session-Sender.";
"

A presence container is a boolean so I am unclear what it is that the
admin-state boolean adds here since the presence container "Enables
TWAMP Session-Sender functionality.";

"     container session-reflector {
"
same story here