Re: [mpls] For the fairness and justice of the IETF culture//Re: What to do with draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-00.txt

Hi Brian,

I agree with what you mentioned, and particularities of this case are similar.

In this particular case, the problem can easily be solved by removing section 6 (which is covered by draft-xu-mpls-service-chaining).

This issue was raised during the WG adoption of the document. In the email to announce the adoption of the document to the WG, the chair(s) mentioned the following:

"That decision is taken, the issues that has been pointed out are

noted. These issues need to be resolved on the mailing list and

rough consensus need to be reached for text changes in the document.

Actually the members of the working group have much more influence on

a working group document, than on an individual draft.

It would be far better if we now focused on proposing text changes,

rather than discussing processes."

IMO, WG should take this proposed change to resolve the contention.

Thanks

Regards … Zafar