Re: [101attendees] Second HotRFC session this week?

Aaron,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 1:32 PM, Aaron Falk <aaron.falk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There isn’t a critical mass who wants to meet again this week, in my opinion. My advice for those who want have something to share is to send email. :) We’ll do this again in Montreal. THanks for playing!

  1. Thank you uber-much for doing the Sunday night session, and being willing to consider doing a second session later in the week.
  2. You and the program committee did an awesome job in the background.
  3. Spencer's opinion, and only Spencer's opinion, is that Sunday night is a better slot than I expected, because the story then is "do your pitch, and you have the entire week following to talk in the hallway, go to bars, schedule on-site side meetings, find an AD and request a mailing list (I've already approved two), or whatever you can do more easily face-to-face than you can do after you get on a plane and fly home. It's not clear how much face to face work you can do after a Thursday evening pitch - maybe a slumber party, but that's probably insane for most participants.
  4. The IESG is being as hands-off as we know how to be, and I asked the IAB members who planned to attend to "be gentle" when the IESG and IAB met at noon on Sunday. Aaron's decision not to take any questions was perfect, because no one is going to tackle you as you're walking out of the room in order to stop you.
  5. The IESG would like to know more about how this is working for people who pitched ideas. I've heard anecdotal evidence of a presenter who spent Monday answering e-mail from people who want to collaborate. If you would like to share your experience, please send it to me unicast and I will summarize for the IESG.
  6. If there's something the IESG needs to know really soon, there WILL be an Open Mike line at the plenary tonight.
Spencer, as one of the IESG members who sponsored this event (Alia was the other - and she had all the energy in Singapore :-)

--aaron