ANNOUNCEMENT: IETF Sponsorship Fundraiser

Earlier this year, we wrote to this list [1] to advertise a job posting for an interim IETF sponsorship fundraiser. We are pleased to announce that Ken Boyden has started in the role this week. Ken’s bio is below. Although not previously an IETF participant, Ken brings a wealth of experience in sponsorship fundraising across a variety of industries and institutions.

Ken can be reached at kboyden@xxxxxxxx. He will be on the ground in London for IETF 101.

We would also like to thank Joe Abley for his service as a volunteer sponsorship fundraiser while we were working to fill this role.

Regards,

Kathy Brown
ISOC CEO

Alissa Cooper
IETF Chair

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/R1R8wIKsC5fSDw46ZfgtZjxtZfY

Ken Boyden, JD, EdD is the Associate Dean in the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and principle at Rydal Advancement Strategies, a firm providing counsel, leadership and mission-driven strategic planning and fundraising support for leading 501c3 organizations serving in the areas of research, healthcare, and higher education. Dr. Boyden previously served as Vice-President for Institutional Advancement at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (formally Philadelphia College of Pharmacy) and presided for 12 years (1988-2000) as District Judge in Delaware County, PA. Ken received a Juris Doctorate (JD) from the Dickinson School of Law of Penn State University and his doctorate degree (EdD) from the University of Pennsylvania with a dissertation topic entitled Generation Rx:  A Study of the Changeover to the Entry-Level PharmD Degree in Pharmacy Education. Ken is also a graduate of the Harvard Institute for Higher Education’s Institute for Educational Management and the Stanford Graduate School of Business Executive Program in Leadership.