Re: Christian's review of draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-22

Hi,

just a comment regarding proposed text relating to performance enhancing proxies.

On 02/03/18 20:07, Kathleen Moriarty wrote:
How about the following text Al and I suggest being added to the end
of the section:
Performance enhancing proxies are primarily used on long delay links (satellite)
with access to the TCP header to provide an early ACK and make the long
delay link of the path seem shorter.

Such proxies are very common in mobile networks,  not only in satellite. 6 of 13 mobile networks I tested last year had a TCP proxy.  My understanding is that they are becoming even more popular.  I suggest to add mobile networks to the parenthesis.

Best regards
Frode Kileng