Re: R: Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-08

Hi Giuseppe,

please see inline.

On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 13:15 +0000, Fioccola Giuseppe wrote:
> Hi Ladislav,
> Thank you! We are working on a new revision that incorporates your comments.
> My answers inline tagged as [GF].
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Giuseppe

Yes, but RFC 8199 also talks about monolithic versus component-based approaches
in relation to network service models. I am not saying that your design is
wrong, just suggesting to consider the alternatives that could possibly make
this relatively big data model easier to comprehend.

>      - The module defines most containers, lists and even individual
>        leaves in a grouping that is then used only once. This approach
>        has its pros nad cons but it is not the common practice in YANG
>        modelling - groupings are mostly defined only if they are used (or
>        expected to be used) repeatedly and/or in different modules.
>
> [GF]: It is expected some of these groupings can be reused in some other
> external modules, or model extension.

If only some of them are intended to be reused, then I would suggest to remove
those that aren't. Model extensions are usually implemented with an augment, and
groupings don't help in this case.

Thanks, Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka