Re: [TLS] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-04

>> Minor issues:
>>
>> I think convention is to list the documents being updated in the Abstract, but
>> cannot find any formal guidance.
>
> You’re right that is the convention, but it’s not required.  draft-flanagan-7322bis is attempting to make including updates in the abstract a must, but it’s not been through any kind of LC yet.  There is a sentence there saying that a lot of RFCs are updated and to see the updates header so I think under the 7322 to balance concise and to not include references I’m thinking this is okay.

If another update top the document is needed, then it does not seem hard to comply with the coming convention.

======

>> If an item is marked as not recommended it does not necessarily mean
>> SB> Do you mean "marked as not recommended" or "not marked as recommended”.
>
> There are two states for the Recommended column: YES and NO.  I can go either way on whether
> marked as not recommended = NO
> not marked as recommended = NO
>
> WG - thoughts?

I think the second wording is more clear.

>> =======
>> SB>  I am worried about the semantics of Recommended = no.
>> SB> Presumably there are three states: recommended, not recommended,
>> SB> and silent/don't know/don't care/not yet. Which of these
>> SB> states does Recommended = no represent?
>
> There are two states and a draft that specifies a value in a registry that has a Recommended column needs to state which it is.  I’m not too concerned because we can change the column value later if it turns out a NO should have been a YES.

It would be more clear is Section 6 said that each parameter will have either "yes" or "no" in the new recommended column.

Russ