Re: Looking for RFC layer 3 on layer 2

Thanks for all the great links. I am reading parts of the RFCs and reading about the ham usages with AX.25/FX.25 and AMPRnet.org.

My confusion about how this all works is how do IP address get mapped into a broadcast radio graph and how each node processes data sent over the radio. I.E. given 10 transceivers transmitting and receiving on a given frequency band, how to construct a network of IPs for point-to-point channel communications?

I understand at this layer, I think...sort of... a path is used of shorter links to support destinations in different subnets.

I am very curious to learn how IPs do P2P on a radio network. Is routing involved? It must be with gateways. Anyways, any help to my understanding is most welcome.

Thank you,
Robert

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile