Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-core-object-security-08

I guess it is up to you. Personally, I like the idea of the verify description including some reference to how one actually does verify. I will leave it to the authors and WG to decide what degree of clarity is called for here.

Yours,
Joel

On 2/23/18 9:30 AM, Göran Selander wrote:
Hi Joel,

Thanks for quick feedback, inline.

On 2018-02-23 14:59, "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In terms of my concerns, if Step 7 said "Verify and Decrypt the COSE
object using the Recipient Key as per RFC 5116 Section 2.2" that would
fill in the confusion for this reader.

Since the AEAD is used throughout the draft, in particular in other parts
of this section I’m thinking that maybe we should add RFC 5116 to the list
of specifications following "Readers are expected to be familiar with” in
Section 1.1. Would that address your comment?

Thanks
Göran

Yours,
Joel