Re: Last Call: <draft-housley-suite-b-to-historic-03.txt> (Reclassification of Suite B Documents to Historic Status) to Informational RFC

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:08 AM, Stephen Farrell
<stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If the suite-b term is outmoded, and if there's utility in some
> RFC to document that, then I would argue that we ought only do
> that in a way that does not open doors for yet more national
> suites

I think that Stephen is on to something here.  I think that it would
be worthwhile acknowledging this point explicitly in this document.
"In the past, the IETF published country-specific cryptographic
algorithms and profiles.  This practice is no longer considered to be
good for interoperability."  As a new paragraph in Section 1 or 2.