Re: Individual Draft Submissions.

All the TV sets that are currently IPv4 only poll the vendor every night for a upgrades.  For most of them they are losing functionality without IPv6 being involved.

Additionally they basically only contact a couple of thousand addresses world wide. You only need to keep those addresses live while the rest of the world moves to IPv6.

The same applies to most of devices of this class.

Most things that talk to all the world are already IPv6 capable and have been for a decade or more now.

Remember these IPv4 only devices live behind NATs and aren’t expecting to be contacted from the world. Connections that are made to them are local are IPv4 and local dual stack  still works behind IPv6 access networks.

People really are over worrying here. We could put all the homes on the planet behind IPv6 access networks and there would be minimal complaints because the local networks will continue to support IPv4. The routers will provide the IPv4 connectivity to the world.

--
Mark Andrews