From: <internet-drafts@xxxxxxxx>
Date: January 5, 2018 at 5:06:07 PM EST
To: Al Morton <acmorton@xxxxxxx>, Kathleen Moriarty <kathleen.moriarty@xxxxxxx>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-14.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-14.txt
has been successfully submitted by Kathleen Moriarty and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:        draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt
Revision:    14
Title:        Effects of Pervasive Encryption on Operators
Document date:    2018-01-05
Group:        Individual Submission
Pages:        50
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-14
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-14
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-14

Abstract:
  Pervasive Monitoring (PM) attacks on the privacy of Internet users is
  of serious concern to both the user and the operator communities.
  RFC7258 discussed the critical need to protect users' privacy when
  developing IETF specifications and also recognized making networks
  unmanageable to mitigate PM is not an acceptable outcome, an
  appropriate balance is needed.  This document discusses current
  security and network operations and management practices that may be
  impacted by the shift to increased use of encryption to help guide
  protocol development in support of manageable, secure networks.

The IETF Secretariat