IAOC role

Hi,

The IASA 2.0 effort is discussing the *future* of IASA and the IAOC.
That isn't my concern here, and there's a mailing list for it
(https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iasa20).

What I'm concerned about is that fact that a couple of *current* IAOC
slots are up for appointment shortly (by NomCom and IESG respectively),
with several fine candidates in each case.

All I'm asking is that in their considerations, the appointing bodies
keep in mind the definition of the IAOC's role:

   The IAOC's role is to provide appropriate direction to the IAD, to
   review the IAD's regular reports, and to oversee IASA functions to
   ensure that the administrative needs of the IETF community are being
   properly met.  The IAOC's mission is not to be engaged in the day-
   to-day administrative work of the IASA, but rather to provide
   appropriate direction, oversight, and approval.
   (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4071#section-3.2)

Regards
   Brian Carpenter