Re: new things that ISOC could do: collect data on breakage

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > This is somehow related to this work:

    > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palet-v6ops-he-reporting/

   In order to simplify the reporting of the HE failures, syslog
   ([RFC5424]) over UDP ([RFC5426]), MUST be used, by means of the
   default port (514) with IPv6-only.

btw, TCP port 514 is "rlogin" and both UDP and TCP are often blocked because
of lazyness....  And syslog is often blocked intentionally.
I suggest that the MILE work might provide a better structure for that.

When you write "operator" is that the operator of the web site, or the
operator of the network you are in?

Given that most hotel networks feature absentee landlords, this is
why I want to involve ISOC.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-