Re: delayed emails

Jordi wrote:
> I’ve noticed during this week that all the IETF mail exploders are getting big delays (several hours).    I’ve investigated my email server, and don’t looks as any internal problem in my side.  Just wondering if somebody else noticed this, or even if the secretariat can check it, or if something has changed recently that can cause that.

Hi Jordi -

The secretariat can indeed check it, but the IT team does not generally monitor the IETF discussion list, since that's intended as general chat for IETF participants, and is rather busy.

Instead, we have a trouble ticket queue that staff monitors, which can be reached at:  ietf-action@xxxxxxxx .

I have checked, and the server is not running slow at the moment, and our monitoring systems have not reported any delays in Mailman or email processing.

Of course, mail can be delayed for lots of reasons; but, generally, an examination of the mail headers "Received" lines can tell you where the delay occurred, and, often, what the cause was.

If you have received an email that you feel has been delayed, and are unable to determine where the delay occurred, please do forward the message - with all headers intact (which may require that you paste the headers into the message body) - to ietf-action@xxxxxxxx, and I or one of my team will be happy to analyze it for you.