Re: IETF Website Status Update (meeting page)

On 14/11/2017 21:33, Tim Chown wrote:
>>> Do we have an example meeting page in the new “beta” format?
>>
>> I believe the best example is:
>>
>> https://beta.ietf.org/how/meetings/past/99/
>
> This appears to be a significant drop in usability compared to
>
> https://www.ietf.org/meeting/99/index.html
>
> Not least having to click to see the details under each heading.

Plus wasted vertical space in the top and bottom banners, larger
font than is useful for some text, and general signs of having
been designed to meet some aesthetic criteria rather than
just laying out the material in the simplest practical way.

And why is there that annoying bouncy thing at the right hand
side for "sharing" the link with social media?  I can't imagine
ever wanting to do that, and I would really want an option to
get rid of this, for ever, on all IETF pages.

The tourist photo of Prague is sadly lacking, too. That is a
nice touch of vanity in the old format.

> The beauty of the current meeting page is that everything is easy to see and easily reached in one click.
>
>> The IETF 100 meeting hasn’t yet been fully synced, but it is available at:
>>
>> https://beta.ietf.org/how/meetings/100/
>
> The same applies here, sadly.

Yes.
   Brian