Re: IETF Journal - November 2017

Hi,

I read in this issue that:

>  We look forward to closing our print version and launching ourselves fully into the digital world in 2018.

However, BCP 9/RFC 2026 section 6.1.3 states that:

>    An official summary of standards actions completed and pending shall
>    appear in each issue of the Internet Society's newsletter.  This
>    shall constitute the "publication of record" for Internet standards
>    actions.

When the IETF Journal started, it took over as the medium for this requirement.
Are we happy that this will become an on-line only publication?

Also - the latest issue is already in breach of this requirement; I can't see
the summary of standards actions anywhere. It used to be at the back.
When was this dropped?

(I don't really think that "IESG Protocol and Document Actions: 57" satisfies
the intent of RFC 2026!)

If we don't think such a summary is needed any more, we need to publish yet
another small update to RFC 2026, similar to RFC 7100.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter