Re: RTG-DIR review of draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-13

Hi Adrian,

Trimming now.

On 11/2/17 12:14 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
> But when the home-based MUD controller uses a URL to access a MUD
> server, isn't that pretty visible and associated with the home (via
> the IP address)?

The communication occurs via TLS.  I just don't know how to do better.
Also, I perceive two additional mitigations, one something of a happy
accident: I expect that there will be providers that do MUD file
management and so many of these URLs will all likely be served from the
same places, and not necessarily give away what they are.  The second is
that much of this data will be served from commercial clouds for
reliability purposes.

Regarding passive tense let us take that as editorial and I will work
with you to find a form that fits.

AD and WG permitting of course.

Eliot