Re: letting IETF build on top of Open Source technology

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 11:39:34PM -0400, Alia Atlas wrote:
> Personally, I have not seen it work well or be generally perceived as
> anything more than a waste of time to ask well specified and widely available mature open
> source work to come and be republished as an Independent Stream Informational RFC.

Do you have examples of this ? mature FOSS (attempted to be) republished as an informational
RFC where the process was unhelpfull ? Curious.

I would consider rsync an ideal example why i am disagreeing:

I think its very mature in theory, but every time you dare to
interoperate different versions, not even to say different implementations,
i was often in for a fail. Not to mention ASCI-8859-UDF issues and the like.

Aka: I would be happy if there was a good spec for rsync, and even more
so if there was an attempt of implementations to become compliant with a
good spec.

Toerless