Re: Side meetings experiment continuation for Singapore

Thank you for the well done Q/A format.

> P.S.: There was also discussion on whether the bar has become too high for
> BoFs, and this is the side effect of that. I think that is a separate
> discussion we need to have as a community unrelated to this experiment.

But also that the week has too many official sessions and this leaves little
time for the hallway and truly informal bar-bof (in the bar!) gatherings that
need to occur before a proper BOF can be organized.

I was asked to evangelize my idea of giving every WG a 1HR slot with full
conflict list (early in the week), and additional time with no conflict
guarantees to the routing area.  The reception was luke warm I think.
I also don't think that it can be done in one area only because it requires
that we plan a lot more 1hr slots early in the week.

What I'm saying is that the demand we are seeing for side-meetings (and the
problems success brings) are really the knock-on results of our over-busy
schedule.

{will be attending IETF100 remotely}

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works