Re: Request for feedback - IESG thoughts about new work proposals

Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I've been saying for a while that much of the new work proposals we see
    > that's interesting, spans working groups and even areas, so I think this is
    > "one or more new or revised charters".

I am of the opinion that the decision as to which area it belongs in is among
the lowest order bits of the decision, particularly in light of ADs may
manage groups outside of their area.

To me the AREA tag only really determines some bits of culture (which is
slightly different across areas), and some minor assumptions about conflict
scheduling.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-