Re: RFC Series publishes first RFC with non-ASCII characters

In article <8302af6e-63a0-bade-d94e-accd5bd59ec1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>of being able to represent names and non-English text faithfully in
>bits, only to have them be rendered unfaithfully by a great many
>present-day applications.

Can you give us some examples of these present-day applications that
don't handle UTF-8?

My experience is quite the opposite: anything written in the past
decade handles UTF-8 just fine.  It's not like I'm running cutting
edge stuff, I look at RFCs using "more" in a shell window.

R's,
John