Re: [Doh] WG Review: DNS Over HTTPS (doh)

On 15/09/17 20:25, Ted Hardie wrote:

> This set of questions is pretty different from the ones you get with
> "function over different paths", because the locus of control moves from
> the mostly-trusted browser to the mostly not trusted downloaded application.

FWIW, I share Ted's concerns about origins. Regardless
of what approaches are taken, the effects of this need
to be well understood I think. I don't object to the WG
being chartered though but would suggest that there be
a mention in the charter that the WG needs to document
the consequences, including the dangers, of caching and
re-use of DNS answers for likely implementations.

I'd be even happier if the resulting spec had a bunch
of MUST NOT statements about that, if such statements
were likely to be effective.

S.