Re: [kitten] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-05

Hi Joe

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 9:00 PM, Joe Clarke <jclarke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> "A program that intends to run with both old and new GSS Java bindings
> can use reflection to check the availability of this new method and call
> it accordingly."

Accepted. You do not mean to remove the existing "New JGSS programs should make use of this new method but it is not mandatory" sentence, right?

Is there anything else I need to touch before posting the -06 version of this ID?

> But my experience with Java is that you may not get the jar you expect,
> and changes like this that are said to be "compatible" can often bite you.

Since this is inside Java SE, hopefully the situation is better than a 3rd party API. Of course, with the new modularized structure introduced in JDK 9, people might start making JDK images of their own which contain modules from different releases and different vendors...

Thanks
Max