How are S/MIME private keys handled across MUAs?

Hi,
I was looking at RFCs for S/MIME, and had a question: What if I am logged into multiple clients(my mobile, a web application, Thunderbird) with an email account, and I receive an encrypted email?

I can see that the encrypted email would be created with my public key, and, assuming one public key for one email account, I will have one private key which I will somehow make use of across all my MUAs. I could not think of a simple way using which I will be able to sync my private key.

Is there any good way of sharing private keys across clients (maybe some way of securely syncing files)? How do corporate clients resolve this issue? Is there an RFC which I may have to refer to?

Another line of thinking; is it possible to create key pairs (triplets?quadruplets?) wherein there could be multiple private keys generated for a single public key? And, what about the other way round?

--

Regards,
Vaibhav Singh