normative references to IANA registries

I'm implementing draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis.
It basically sets MUST/SHOULD/etc. values for various algorithms. The IPsec(ME)
WG updates things as the world evolves.

   "References to the specification
   defining these algorithms are in the IANA registry."

It would be nice if it gave the actual name of the Registry.
But, I think in this hyperlinked internet, it really should reference the
registry itself directly.

So I wonder out loud: shouldn't all of the IANA registries have clear
reference files that could be normatively referenced?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-